Thursday, January 01, 2009
Piff Predicts: 2009
posted by JMinor
It's 2009 and Hear Mii's first year is over. It's a celebration. For our first post for the New Year I'm going to make nine predictions for 2009 which should be a pretty good year for the Nintendo faithful. In one year it'll be funny to see how wrong I was.
1. Punch-Out will come out in June/July. Summer is the time for Nintendo sports games like Mario Sluggers or Next Level Games's own Mario Strikers
2. Sin and Punishment 2 will come out in August/September. Niche and hardcore season like Metroid and Wario Land
3. F-Zero developed by Monster Games will come out in October. 2009's Battalion Wars/ Fire Emblem. Online and smaller and more hardcore.
4. Pikmin 3 will come out in November and will be noticeably more accesible.
5. Zelda might be teased at E3 but won't come out until Winter 2010.
6. Wii Sports Resort will come out in May just like Wii Fit.
7. Don't hold your breath for Kid Icarus, Disaster, Fatal Frame, Captain Rainbow or any of those weird Japanese games Nintendo showed in October except Trace Memory. Maybe one will come out in April.
8. The DSi will come out in June in North America just like the DS lite 3 years ago
9. Nintendo will fill far too many holes in their lineup with GameCube remakes. Just look at Q1. It's all they're putting out
Have a safe and happy New Year everyone!