Wednesday, September 28, 2011

5 Games I'm Excited For This Fall (XBOX 360)


Every year there's always a bunch of games that I'm absolutely excited for, and this year is no different. The following are my Top 5 most anticipated for Fall 2011 (but can also be used as a helpful Christmas/"Non-Denominational Holiday" guide) as decided by me and how I personally feel about the game (remember kids, opinions are not fact).


#5
Saints Row: The Third
Release Date: Nov 15, 2011 (USA)



Someone once described Saints Row 2 to me as the game Grand Theft Auto IV should have been. Being someone who has actually played GTA IV and got annoyed by Roman's incessant needs to do something social, this statement piqued my interest and now I'm actually excited for Saints Row 3 (though I should probably pick up the Saints Row/Saints Row 2 combo pack first).



#4
Forza Motorsport 4
Release Date: Oct 11, 2011


I have played Forza 2 (or rather, I own it and play it occasionally) and I prefer racing sims over arcade racers like Need For Speed. I'm not sure if I'll ever actually use Kinect (first I'd have to get Kinect), but I plan to enjoy it with a 360 gamepad at the very least.



#3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Release Date: Nov 11, 2011


Oh how I enjoyed playing Oblivion and love playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Skyrim looks to be very promising and the fact that Bethesda is now using their own engine means there will be a lot less bugs (a lot of which were the fault of Gamebryo) and a game which looks a whole lot better. Let's hope I don't get Vampirism this time around, though.



#2
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Release Date: Nov 8, 2011


Yes, I realize it's just a re-release of MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker, but having never owned a PS2 or PSP (and only real experience with owning a Metal Gear game being Twin Snakes on Gamecube,  this collection is great for me as I get to experience the games in the series I would be missing out on. It's also available on the PS3, but I don't own a PS3, so it's a good thing it's on the 360.



#1
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Release Date: Nov 15, 2011



I have very fond memories of playing Assassin's Creed 2. I absolutely adored that game and though it was just incredible. I didn't play Brotherhood because I just didn't think it would hold up with Multiplayer, but it seems I was actually wrong. Nevertheless, I'm excited for this next (and possibly last) chapter in the Ezio arc.

No comments: