Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Assie's 1 Year Anniversary With YouTube (and Hear Mii)





Today, April 1st marks my 1 year anniversary with YouTube. A lot has changed over the past year and the reason I'm making this post here is for 2 reasons:

1) Too busy to make a video.
2) It has a lot to do with Hear Mii and Wii.tv

I remember when I announced on the then Wii.tv forums that I was doing a fan review of Pokemon Battle Revolution. I had it done around Friday, but I had some complications so I sent a message to Storm asking him how to convert .VOB into .AVI. He pointed me into the direction of AutoGK and I used it to convert and by sheer luck the review was uploaded on April Fool's Day. I clearly remember bob making a post being skeptical about the review and wondering if it was an April Fool's joke, but alas it wasn't.

In the first day of the video being posted to Wii.tv I gained 400 views. Over the course of the year, the number of views for the video increased 10x, pretty amazing for a very amateur, boring review of a game only hardcore Pokemon fans would enjoy. Meh.

A week later I uploaded what is probably my best review; DDR: Hottest Party, but oddly enough it has no where near as many views as PBR. Since then, I've uploaded 2 reviews, both of which I was pretty disappointed with (I'm sure others were too).

I'm writing this post as I'm editing Hear Mii Episode 38 (check below), and I would like to take a look back at my reviews. To be honest, I am very disappointed with myself, 4 reviews and only 1 was decent. Acceptance is the first step in recovery, so hopefully I can become better suited to creating reviews for this site (it's partly what I was "hired" for). As it turns out, good videos are very hard to make and have a low turnout compared to Fred who makes horrible videos and is the most subscribed (I wish that was an April Fool's Joke).

I'm terribly sorry to everyone who expected more out of me, I'll try harder this year. It's been busy this school year, what with life, hearts and breaking and stuff, but when I get over it all (hopefully soon) I promise to make a truly rockin' review to the best of my ability (not counting MadWorld, it's already done).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

while this is an extremely selfish post that has no real purposed it is nice to know that you know yourself your material needs work. may you have a good second year, sir.