Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Best of the Blogs: Mr. Tim


FFCC: Crystal Bearers AKA Bangkok-Lady-Boy Cock Tease






Above is a video of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. After seeing all of the epic trailers for Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 and Xbox 360 and only getting re-makes of Final Fantasy games on the DS (just because they're now in 3D, doesn't make it a new game (I'm a hypocrite though, I bought Broken Sword for Wii)) - you would think Square-Enix would try a bit harder for Ninty (If you say Dragon Quest 10, then you've got me there!). Perhaps the sheer mind-boggingly astronomical budget for the FFXIII family of nipple-parching, franchise-milking games is precluding any other game development in the company; maybe it is the credit crunch.



Either way, when I saw the above video for the first time, it reminded me of a particular episode-long joke in Alan Partridge. Wii gamers were so hyped when FFCC: CB (that is the most rediculous abbreviation, it's longer than my fucking name) was announced, that they danced a merry jig and deigned the game the saviour for Square-Enix games on Ninty platforms. Then it died down a bit and everyone thought the game was cancelled. Then it wasn't. We got a slighter extended version of a two-year old trailer. People got hyped. Then the atrocity above was released, complete with loved-up enemies, cacti and generally weird shit going down.

Watching the video below sums up how I feel about this game now. It could be promising or just bad or down right weird. Whatever it may be, I'm a little ashamed to admit I might buy it or even like it, just as Alan is curious about lady-boys but afraid to admit it.




NB - If you find this offensive, I do apologise.


for more check out Mr. Tim's blog

No comments: